Friday, May 19, 2017

My Heart Belongs in the Superstition Mountains by Susan Page Davis

My Heart Belongs in the Superstition Mountains: Carmela's Quandary by [Davis, Susan Page]


















Here is the book summary:
Journey now to Tuscon, Arizona, and into the Superstition Mountains of 1866, where...
 A Chance for Escape Takes Two Unlikely Allies on a Romantic Adventure Along a Desert Trail

Since orphaned at age twelve, Carmela Wade has lived a lie orchestrated by her uncle, pretending to be a survivor of an Indian kidnapping and profiting from telling her made-up story on the speaker circuit. But as she matures into adulthood, Carmela hates the lies and longs to be free. On a stagecoach in Arizona Territory, Carmela and her uncle are fellow passengers with US Marshal Freeland McKay and his handcuffed prisoner.

The stage is attacked. Now a chance to make a new life may suddenly be within Carmela’s reach. . .if she can survive the harsh terrain and being handcuffed to an unconscious man.

Will Carmela’s wish come true, or will she forever be branded by her past?
And now, my review:
This is a beautifully penned 255 page historical fiction.  I really enjoy the "My Heart Belongs..." books and despite my hesitancy due to the title of this one, I really thought it was well executed. It gave some Indian background of the times in the 1800s and the restitution for wrongs done was interesting to read through. It left me with a sense of hope and the message that it's ALWAYS important to tell the truth. Maybe you should check it out for yourself.
I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and I was under no obligation to post a review.


http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/my-heart-belongs-in-the-superstition-mountains-susan-page-davis/1125317838?ean=9781683220077

https://www.christianbook.com/heart-belongs-superstition-mountains-carmelas-quandary/susan-davis/9781683220077/pd/220077?product_redirect=1&Ntt=220077&item_code=&Ntk=keywords&event=ESRCP

No comments:

Post a Comment