Thursday, September 26, 2019

May It Be So by Justin McRoberts and Scott Erickson




Here is the book summary:
Combining prayers in two languages--words and images--this contemporary prayer guide will help you spend time in conversation with God.

As people of faith, we all struggle at times to sustain a flourishing prayer life--a loss felt all the more keenly in these times of confusion, political turbulence, and global calamity. This unique book offers a timeless solution for the spiritual and skeptical alike.

Combining story-driven reflections with visual and written prayers, this simple 40-day prayer guide will help you reconnect with God as you rediscover your own ongoing conversation with Him. Using the familiar refrains in the Lord's Prayer as a guide, this groundbreaking resource invites you to reconnect with God creatively and organically.

And now, my review:
This is a book about spending 40 days with the Lord’s prayer.  So, what this author and illustrator did was take most sections of the Lord’s prayer and share their thoughts of application for the section and then have days of small reflections that they found with word and illustrations to bring about reflection time.  This is NOT a Bible Study or a teaching of the Lord’s prayer.  My favorite reflection, although I worded it a bit differently was, “Grant me, once again, assurance of Your presence and love.”  When I first picked up the book, I was feeling like it was really lacking but then as I started at the beginning again and slowed down, I found the little blessings and where they were going with it.  Where I found I differed – I just made notes of my thoughts and Scripture in the margin. 
I received a copy of this book from the publisher and have chosen to post a review.


https://www.amazon.com/May-Be-So-Forty-Prayer/dp/0525653074/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=may+it+be+so&qid=1569535181&s=gateway&sr=8-1

https://www.christianbook.com/forty-days-with-the-lords-prayer/justin-mcroberts/9780525653073/pd/653077?event=ESRCG

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/may-it-be-so-justin-mcroberts/1130055232?ean=9780525653073#/


No comments:

Post a Comment